Thursday, October 6, 2011

Twice Tuesday




I've never lived through the same day twice before, so our travel home day promised to be an unusual experience. Walked down through the wharf area to get a photo of the line out sculpture (were I managed to leave my trusty water bottle behind on the bench). We did spend a few hours at Te Papa, the NZ national museum learning about Maori history and culture, including the Haka (ka mate, ka mate, ka ora, ka ora). Also, lots of stuff about more modern history of english speaking New Zealand. Very worthwhile time spent (and free to boot!) After that, we found our way to the Craftsman Pub where we had a great hamburger for lunch. Then back to the Cambridge to collect our luggage, change into travel clothes and take a short cab ride to the airport. We hopped on an earlier flight to Aukland and our long flight to Los Angeles was very comfortable as we scored the vacant middle seat again. LAX proved to be the only negative part of the whole trip. Long lines for immigration (even though we were in transit), snarly border agent and generally a bad experience. That aside, I will say that Air New Zealand is probably the best airline I have flown with. Great job ANZ! Air Canada from LAX to YYC uneventful and on time. We didn't quite get home before we left, but almost. I wouldn't necessarily recommend a quick trip to New Zealand for the weekend, but Matthew and I had a great time and everything worked out perfectly. Hopefully the rest of the World Cup is as exciting as the pool round was for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment