Sunday morning coming down - I think I now have a better sense of what Kris Kristofferson was writing about. Nary a moment's sleep and up at 05:30 for the long journey home. We got up and finished throwing our stuff in suitcases and made our way to the tram station across St. Andrew's Square. Apparently St. Andrew is an important historical figure in Scotland. The tram system was really great and worked out perfectly. We got to Edinburgh airport in plenty of time for the full Scottish breakfast (check) although I'm not sure my systems were functioning correctly. Didn't really put much of a dent in it, but did eat some Blood Pudding for posterity. Saw some tourists (Ryan and Chantal) at the airport who mentioned that I wasn't looking too spry. We had a short flight and very short connection in Amsterdam, but made our connection to Calgary (at least Karen and I made it) with no time to spare. Left some luggage behind but KLM flight was very comfortable and we were lucky to have the seat between us open. Caught up on some sleep.
And finally, in the inimitable words of my late Father - Great Trip, glad to be home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment