Lazy start followed by a dip in the hot tub after checking the news. In an attempt to use up some of the groceries, I mixed up some b’fast taquitos, which turned out pretty good. Lounged around the patio until gathering the motivation to stroll over to the Marina Vallarta Club de Golf to hit some practice balls in the heat of the day. Whipped up some Guacamole with the last avocado and pico de gallo for a mid afternoon snack plus some bubbles courtesy Gino, followed by a nap in the hammock. Did I mention this was a down day? Decided to take one last stroll along the Marina promenade to pick up some Vanilla and check once more on the Vitamin I. On the way out the door, I somehow managed to leave the key inside and locked us out. In a bit of a panic, I rushed over to the golf clubhouse to see if Antonio was still around, alas he was not to be found. I explained my situation to the delightful Norma at the pro shop and asked if she had Antonio’s phone number, to which she abruptly responded “no”. She did relent and called Antonio who was able to instruct her on how to access his office and where to find the master key. After ensuring that I was acutely aware of how inconvenient this was for her, Norma gave me the key and I was able to rectify my trouble promptly. I have to say that this trip has had more than its share of minor hiccups that could have had more challenging outcomes, but so far nothing insurmountable. Back to the quest for Vitamin I, it is available, but you have to wade through a mountain of Viagra and Anabolic Steroids to get to it, only to find the price to be prohibitive. Interesting to note that there seems to be a Farmicia every 20 paces or so, seemingly carrying exactly the same merchandise. Not sure how this is a good business model? We wound up at Splash where we enjoyed a pleasant seafood dinner and some wine. Back at the condo, we cracked the last bottle of wine in the condo and enjoyed the cool evening air c/w one last dip in the hot tub.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment