I found that there is a Travel Clinic in the neighborhood that does consultations. Made an appointment at the Medicine Shoppe in Crowfoot Circle with pharmacist Randy Howden. After completing forms that laid out our plans, we met with him. Decided that we would require Yellow Fever, Typhoid Fever, Hepatitus, Malaria and carry medicine for traveller's diarrhea. Yellow Fever is in short supply so we had to wait for him to get some he had on back order. Myles was able to get all of his shot's before his trip to Boston. Karen, Matthew and I had ours this past Friday. YF vax was the most uncomfortable, but overall not too bad. I had already had Hep (twinrix) and the boys had had Hep B at school but Karen has to get the full Twinrix treatment over the next little while. Had to pay the full amount for Myles as he is no longer covered on my blue cross. Most of the rest was covered on Blue Cross, thankfully
Still having some uncertainty about visas. Will probably get in advance for Kenya and China.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment