Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Vieux Montreal

Morning saw me up a out searching for a sidewalk cafe where I could have a coffee and a crossaint.  In typical fashion, I must have made a wrong turn.  Not much activity in Vieux Montreal before 08:00 but I did find a Van Houtte open so I grabbed some Latte’s and Croissants and made my way back to the loft.  Folks had started stirring and we slowly got organized to head out.  Myles needed to find a suitable golf shirt in case we do get to golf so we wandered along Rue Saint Catherine Ouest and did some shopping.   Once success achieved, we hopped in an Uber (thankfully) to Charcuterie Hebraique de Montreal Inc. depuis 1928! (a.k.a. Chez. Schwart’s Jewish Deli). There is no way we could have walked here according to Myles original suggestion, and we were very pleased to arrive just before noon to find a very short line up.  After an awesome Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich with the obligatory monster dill pickle (and some poutine) decided to make an ascent of Mount Royal. We walked along past McGill University,  which is rather spectacular, and the boys and I climbed the stairs to Chalet du Mont Royal for a panoramic view of the city and Vieux Port.   After we collected Karen at the base of the stair we found some rental bikes and rode down to. Vieux Port for some Sangria.  The chosen patio was too hot so we moved along to Hotel Place d’Armes roof top patio a more pleasant libation.  Then it was time to freshen up for our dinner reservation at 408, another selection by Myles.   Wonderful meal at a very hard to find place (no external signage or indication on the street that this restaurant was there).  After dinner,  found a wine bar for one more glass of wine before K&I retired, you’ll have to ask the boys what they got up to between that point and 03:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment