Up early for our closing adventure of this inspection of the Woofter ancestral homeland. Headed east back through Buckhannon and then on to Seneca Rock, which is a cliff face jutting out from a heavily wooded hill. Driving from there wound through steep hills and windy roads up over hills and down through hollows. At the state line there was a marker atop Allegheny mountain that I stopped to have a look at, there wasn’t really a pull out but there also wasn’t any traffic. I stepped out of the car at the deserted hilltop meadow alongside a few cows grazing in a field and heard two distinctive cracks. Sounded like gun fire so I quickly hopped back in the car and carried on with images of Deliverance in mind. Continued on through Harrisonburg, on to Swift Run Gap and picked up the Skyline Drive through the Shenandoah National Park which winds along the Blueridge Mountain ridge overlooking the Shenandoah river valley. Once more heavily treed and occasional overlooks. The valley appears rich with farmland. Exited the park after 65 miles at Front Royal and from there a long boring drive into the BWI area where of course I had entered the wrong aLoft Hotel in the navigation so we found ourselves not done yet. Located the correct hotel which is a bit sketchy, we grabbed a quick bite at the neighbouring Hilton and then ETB for our last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment