Saturday, August 2, 2014
Out of Africa
We have arrived in Bankok and were able to check into our rooms at the Chatrium Riverside before 09:00, so I am posting in the room while everyone freshens up. Today will be a tough one as we try to stay awake to get adusted to the 5 hour time change and long travel day. We left the Southern Sun at 6:30 am. Our flight from Cape Town to Joburg was on time and comfortable. I had seen a Springbok jersey in the Joburg airport that was on sale and I had decided to defer buying it until our last pass through. Of course, the same deal wasn't available in the international terminal so I had to endure the ridicule of my travelling companions for not buying it when I saw it in the first place. Another shopping lesson for me. The Thai Airways flight to Bangkok departed a bit late, which was perfect as it allowed us to watch the Super XV final before boarding, Waratahs 33 - Crusaders 32. Very exciting match. Remainder of flight was very comfortable as we all had an empty seat between us. We arrived at 06:30 local which was 01:30 in Cape Town. As I said, we have attained our rooms in the very comfortable Chatrium Hotel overlooking the Chao Phraya river (River of Kings).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment