Friday, August 8, 2014

Pool Day at Phi Phi Village

We decided that no one was too keen to take an excursion to Phi Phi Leh, and perhaps a bit worse for wear after celebrating Matthew's birthday - although I'm the only one admitting to that. The excursion we had considered was by Long Tail boat and would have required some physical exertion to get into the bay for snorkeling - you can't get in by boat at low tide which would have been when we arrived, so would have to climb a surf sprayed cliff on the other side of the island to get in. We would have had to leave Karen behind in any event, so the other option was a lazy day at the pool, so that is what we did. I'm posting from the internet cafe on a Windows computer today. This is because the iPad crashed last night while I was using it to read. It was a bit strange as I was laying in bed and the screen just went blank. I thought it might just be that the battery had run out, so I plugged it in and went to sleep. This morning, I got up early and thought I'd go watch the sunrise. Did so, but nothing too spectacular on this day. When I went to turn on the iPad to post, there was no sign of life. Thought I might not have gotten it plugged in correctly, so I tried that again. No avail, the thing is toast. So that's another electronic device I've had a hand in wrecking on this trip. No one will let me touch anything electronic now, unless it is owned by someone else (like the resort computer). I was able to get us checked in yesterday for our flight this evening, and somewhat presciently had decided to send the boarding passes to both work and home e-mail addresses. The only access I have to work e-mail presently is via the iPad GW app, so sayonara to that(Japanese - Thai - same same???). Will have to rely in internet access to my home e-mail. E-mail access using my phone has been sporadic at best. My relationship with electronic devices is just getting worse and I'm afraid I might just toss the whole lot into the Andaman Sea. I think everyone is now well rested in advance of the next and final leg of our journey, after an overnight tonight in Bangkok, it is off to Beijing tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment