CC Palace has provided a great colazione offering and we were up fairly early to tie in. Then got our luggage rearranged hopefully under weight restrictions? We’ll see domani. Left our bags with the consierge and headed out to walk past Palazzo del Quirinale to see if Giorgia Meloni was there, didn’t see her but the guards were in full splendor. I wanted to find a great Carciofi alla Giudia and were directed to Portico d’Ottavia for BaGhetto.
On the way, we did duck into a very old cattedrale with beautiful frescos.
We found the ancient Jewish Ghetto of Rome no problem and things seemed highly authentic when we sat down at a street table for a Spritz and the staff all adorned with Yarmulkas. I thought this must be pretty legit, then I noticed the Italian army patrol and thought - I wonder if being here is a good idea presently with what is going on in Persia. Regardless, we moved on to Nonna Betta (thinking of my late Mother) and had a great Kosher lunch with vino bianco from Golan Heights! I didn’t know that wine could be made kosher! The Carciofi was excellent, and some lamb chops made for a superb lunch in the ghetto! La Vita è troppo breve per sbagliare Carciofi alla Giudia! Made our way slowly back to the hotel and went up to the rooftop for a bottle of water in the sunshine. Gathered our luggage and found our pre-arranged transfer to Fiumicino was early so we hopped aboard and made our way to the Airport Hilton for our last night. Checked in and walked over to the airport looking for the Lufthansa counter. Back at the Hilton, had our last Italian style feed at the hotel ristorante where the food and especially the service were much better than expected! ETB in anticipation of the very long travel day home.



No comments:
Post a Comment