I was up early and feeling fine down for the continental b’fast at Les Bains-Douches, had a visit with our gracious tour director, Dave Lougheed. Heard from Matthew that they were enroute to CDG in a very sketchy Uber and had some concerns that they might be stranded if it broke down. They did limp their way there and the rest of the journey home went smoothly and on time and they were welcomed home by a happy Theodore. Once I got brother Matt mobilized, we commenced a very circuitous route to meet Myles and Karen at Le Relais de l’Entrecote in St. Germain for a great meal of Steak Frites with some nice wine (we were informed by our waitress that the first bottle was much better than the second, and on should never downgrade when drinking wine). The desserts were also exceptional from this fixed menu establishment, and I did get quite the sideways glance for not finishing my chocolate! Next stop was the Comptoir Avente bar au vin for a bit more grape juice. Matt and I had to scurry back to the hotel to get ready for the match du rugby and meet up with the privateers one last time at the Frog. With our previous days learnings on getting to Stade de France on the train, this trip went much smoother. Our seats this time were once more in the lower bowl, in goal at the corner, but across the field from Friday nights game. Also, were part of a larger group of privateers which made it fun in our bright red jackets and orange berets.
England lead for most of the game on the back of penalties and a drop goal, but succumbed in the end to a more fluent Sprinbok side 15-16. Train back to Les Halles uneventful, but I did forget my FTLOTG flask which I was forced to check because the security guard deemed it to be a likely projectile. I have to note that the security at the three games I’ve attended has been inconsistent, to say the least. Anyway, back to the Frog for a beer and grabbed a kebab across the street and my night was fini, bid Brother Matt the Irish good night and retired to Les Bain. Myles will fill in the blanks from their adventure, which apparently wrapped up at the Ritz?


No comments:
Post a Comment