Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 2.5


Vatican City, Citta Eterna.

Wandered around trying to find a place to eat last night. Finally caved in and took the only open alternative, a pub. Not bad. Matthew almost broke his nose when he fell asleep at the table. Then after I held his head up, he drooled on my forearm. I guess he was tired.

Up early this a.m. and grabbed a couple of cappiccino's and chocolate crossaints and got in line at the Vatican Museum. WOW. Lots to see. Spent all day (to the point of exhaustion) in the museum and St Peter's Basilica. St. Peter's is huge. Easy to understand the breadth and reach of the Catholic faith. Won't see the Pope as he is back in Palestine trying to convert the rest. Climbed to the top of the Cupola for a great 360 view of Rome.

So so lunch, then back for the grand finale - a bunch of dead Popes - the Crypt.

Now off to the room for a siesta, then maybe a gelato before going "clubbing" - according to Matthew. Actually we hope to stay awake past dark and see some of the night views.

Myles retired four batteries on two different cameras today, if I can figure out how to post photos, I will.

If anyone needs to contact us, we have an in country phone #011 39 340 947 8380, this is the full access to reach us in Italy from Canada.

All for now

1 comment:

  1. Hey gang! Well, I can see how you can go thru batteries so fast. We have been on Google maps and in Rome they let you go to street view and walk around, so it's like being there. AMAZING!! Wow what a city, the ruins are incredible, can't wait to see the pics. d&e

    ReplyDelete