Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Paris Day 2

We enjoyed our petit de jeuner in our room after I was out wandering around searching for a bank ATM.  As usual, once I found one, I started to notice the many I had walked right past.  A couple of crossaints and coffee from a cafe did the trick.  We decided to wander around a bit to get our bearings. Started at a nearby cafe to inspect maps etc. over coffee.  Walked along the Seine past the Bouquanistes, and across Pont Neuf.  Saw some of the locks attached to bridge railings, would turn out to be just a small sampling. Seems like every bridge is laden with locks of all description.  Took note that most were dated 2015.  Came back across the Seine and walked by le Louvre and on through Jardin Tuiliries towards Place de la Concorde.  Crossed over the Seine again and found a nice Brasserie (Le Fregate) for lunch and sat on the corner watching the world go by, in the Parisiene style (including a minor car accident right in front of us).  Our walk continued along le rive gauche and then back over the Seine towards the hotel.  After a short rest, it was back out again to find Les Bouquanistes restaurant as recommended by brother Matt.  It is a good thing Karen had looked for it on the web as I would have walked right by it if she hadn't recognized the decor inside.  Had a nice dinner, rather pricey.  I've found Paris to be a bit of a shock price wise, I had expected London to be expensive (which it was), but Paris takes it up a notch.  After dinner, walk further along the rive gauche and down through the latin corner and found Fontaine St. Michel.  Walked over to Ile de Cite and had our first look at Notre Dame.  By then we were foot weary, and started back to the hotel to put in for the night.  Lots of walking this day.  Thinking about doing the hop-on-hop-off tour tomorrow.                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment