Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday at the Kempinski

After breakfast (and poaching a sandwhich or two from the buffett for lunch), we picked a spot at the beach for a day of sun tanning.  Up til now, the resort has been noticably quiet, but we've started to see a lot of people arriving today.  Decided to reserve a car for tomorrow and drive around Mahe Island, so we're looking forward to that.  I continue to be challenged by my electronic devices, and have rendered my Reader useless, so I spent much of the afternoon trying to recover from that.  Was able to eventually set up the iPad to continue reading the books I had loaded on the Reader, but Karen is in complete panic that I'll wreck the iPad next.  Oh well.  We had hoped to take the kayak/snorkel excursion to the "fish cave", but it was cancelled due to wind and poor visibility in the ocean.  Perhaps we'll be able to do that on Wednesday.  Still enjoying the sun and sand in the Kempinski Resort.  Had another enjoyable meal at the Indochine Restaurant, but haven't mustered the courage to try their signiture dish - Fruit Bat.  Based on what we've seen, there isn't a shortage of supply of big meaty bats flying around.  Not much more to add today.

No comments:

Post a Comment