Arrival in Seychelles was interesting, starting with the announcement that we would be required to show proof of Yellow Fever vaccination. Thankfully, this was all in order for us, I don't know whether they turned anyone back. The rest of the customs/immigration was quite smooth but they did quiz Myles on where he had been in Kenya (the rest of us had noted that we were on a Safari). Also, there were three sniffer dogs having a good inspection of our carry on baggage. Met the Creole Vacations rep at the exit and found our transfer Hakuna Mattata, or should I say pas d'problème. What was obvious from the drive is that this is a truly beautiful island. Arrival at Kempinski was spectacular, hotel is fabulous and our adjoining rooms are perfect. Now for the past two years, I have been preparing myself mentally and emotionally for the cost of things here, but the sticker shock almost knocked me down nonetheless. That's all I'm gonna say about that.
We are all very pleased to be here and looking forward to the relaxation and rejuvination of being in this tropical paradise.


Michael. Nana continues to enjoy hard copies of the daily blog.Always a comfort knowing that driving and flying has been nice, or tolerable. Half of going anywhere is the "getting there". Even driving to work can be one of those travel hours. Happy trails. Seychelles…amazing contrast to safari.
ReplyDeleteG