Saturday, July 26, 2014

Kapama Day 2

I did indeed spend most of the day in the bar watching rugby.  Karen went to the spa for a manni/pedi which she enjoyed immensely.
 The boys just whiled away the hours in an offhand way.  Lunch was served and then it was off on our afternoon game drive.  We didn't see much this time, another warthog had met its fate and was being devoured.  Stopped at a watering hole for our cocktail party, at least it was still a little light this time.  Enjoyed the sunset and then drove back in the dark with Fanny sweeping the forest with his spotlight.  No sightings unfortunately.  I was feeling more like sleeping than eating when we got back so I skipped dinner and laid down.  Couldn't be related to my morning/afternoon undertakings I'm sure.

So we are up early this morning and will be off on a morning game drive at dawn.  Today is our last full day here at Kapama River Lodge.

1 comment:

  1. matt here - Mom has been really enjoying your blog, i print them out for her. Sounds like your African adventure is amazing. you must have had some weird mental telepathic moment when watching Super 15 rugby in the bar at the same time we were watching rugby at 'Canuck Day'. You may have picked up the chatter on email. Anyways all is well here and keep posting as we are all enjoying your commentary

    ReplyDelete